ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gradute Dependent VISA

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chakkravarthi
Newly Registered
India

Gradute Dependent VISA

Post by Chakkravarthi » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 pm

Hi All,

I am on a graduate VISA until Nov 2025, came to UK on Sep'22 for my Masters and now i am currently on my Full time work. I am married and my wife was on a student dependent visa with me from Nov'22 - Dec'23 and we went back to India for vacation. Her Student Dependent BRP got expired Jan'24 and she is currently in India now,

My question is, can i her bring her back on my dependent under graduate dependent VISA. I am trying to applying online for her application but cannot proceed further bcz her BRP got expired Jan'24. What should i do now? Am i eligible enough to bring her back?

Awaiting for responses.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Gradute Dependent VISA

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:32 pm

My question is, can i her bring her back on my dependent under graduate dependent VISA
No you cannot, not as a dependent on your Graduate Visa.
I am trying to applying online for her application but cannot proceed further bcz her BRP got expired Jan'24.

You cannot apply for this visa category outside the UK, so there is no form.
What should i do now?

Find an employer to sponsor you on a Skilled Worker visa, switch visas and then apply for your wife from her home country.
Am i eligible enough to bring her back?
No.

The rules for Graduate Dependent visas have been the same since the visa category was introduced. You should have read up on the requirements before her visa expired.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chakkravarthi
Newly Registered
India

Post by Chakkravarthi » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:32 pm

Hi ,

Thanks for getting back.

What's the probability of getting standard tourist VISA for 6 months? Would that be a go for me now at the moment? At the moment sponsorship is not possible.

Thanks!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:58 pm

What's the probability of getting standard tourist VISA for 6 months?
Depends what ties to her home country she has? Also, 6 months is not a visit, it is residing.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chakkravarthi
Newly Registered
India

Post by Chakkravarthi » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:11 pm

Hi,

The standard visitor visa is for 6 months. What kind of strong ties you mean basically that helps me to fill up the application?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:55 pm

You are not likely to get a visit visa for your wife given the circumstances you have outlined. The fact that you are in the U.K. on a graduate visa and she has returned under the student visa which has now expired will put a major damper on the application.
You are her most immediate relationship so no matter what ties she has in her home country it will be beyond a challenge to demonstrate a reason to return over and above your relationship.