ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick questions on referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gnua88
Mood:
Myanmar

Quick questions on referee

Post by gnua88 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:05 pm

Hey Guys (and Girls),

The time has come for me to apply for naturalisation and I am super psyched (yes!!!), however I do have a couple of questions regarding the referees.

For the professional one, can that be my dentist? I know dentist is on the list but my dentist is private so I'm wondering whether if that changes things.

If he's a no-go, what about somebody from the bank? It says "bank official" on the list - does that mean like a branch manager or something?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Quick questions on referee

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:07 pm

Dentist is a Dentist as long as they are qualified etc and have known you for at least 3 years. The list does not state 'NHS Dentist' does it??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gnua88
Mood:
Myanmar

Post by gnua88 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:13 pm

CR001 wrote:Dentist is a Dentist as long as they are qualified etc and have known you for at least 3 years. The list does not state 'NHS Dentist' does it??
No, it doesn't. I guess I'm overthinking...just wanna make sure I'm doing everything by the book, you know.

Btw, good seeing your reply again...you answered my other queries regarding ILR as well..so cheers!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:17 pm

gnua88 wrote:Btw, good seeing your reply again...you answered my other queries regarding ILR as well..so cheers!
Always welcome and I am always happy to help. Post if you have any further questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gnua88
Mood:
Myanmar

Post by gnua88 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:19 pm

CR001 wrote: Always welcome and I am always happy to help. Post if you have any further questions.
I do have a question now...
Is being employed a requirement for the application? Or does it increase one's chance of success?
I've been in full-time employment for the past 5 years but (without going into details) I might be in between the jobs soon. So, I'm wondering how it would affect the application.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:28 pm

gnua88 wrote:I do have a question now...
Is being employed a requirement for the application? No it is not.

Or does it increase one's chance of success? No, has no effect on success or failure.

I've been in full-time employment for the past 5 years but (without going into details) I might be in between the jobs soon. So, I'm wondering how it would affect the application. No effect.

Thank you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

gnua88
Mood:
Myanmar

Post by gnua88 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
gnua88 wrote:I do have a question now...
Is being employed a requirement for the application? No it is not.

Or does it increase one's chance of success? No, has no effect on success or failure.

I've been in full-time employment for the past 5 years but (without going into details) I might be in between the jobs soon. So, I'm wondering how it would affect the application. No effect.

Thank you.
You're a legend, mate. Thanks again :)