ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Question Online form -Reason for not providing identification documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

be2st
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Online MN1 Referees and Paper MN1 Referees combined

Post by be2st » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:18 am

Hi,

We are still waiting for our ILR approval. We want to prepare our daughter MN1.

From what I read from the forum if we want to submit MN1 by Online we have to fill the referees details first, then we need to print to get the referee's signature. Is it possible to mixed this ? For example the referee signed the handwritten paper form, we fill the detail into the online form, and attached the referee signed hand written paper form when we submit the application ? As the school summer break is coming, we're afraid that we could not get the signature from the teacher during school holiday.

Thank you in advanced.

RJLK

Re: Online MN1 Referees and Paper MN1 Referees combined

Post by RJLK » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:57 pm

Yes you can. I have done the same (posted paper referee forms for online MN1 registration) and got my baby registration certificate in 40 days.

be2st
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by be2st » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:04 pm

Thank you for the reply. :)

Did you give any covering letter for this ?

be2st
Newly Registered
Indonesia

MN1 Question Online form -Reason for not providing identification documents

Post by be2st » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:43 am

Hi I would like to ask again for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen

My daughter did not have any passport / national identification card / travel document due to she was born in the UK, and we skipped her ILR / Dependent Pass because we wanted to register her as British once we got settlement. She has never been abroad.

On one of the section, is for identification:

Reason for not providing identification documents
Explain why you are unable to provide either a valid national identity card or a travel document.
Proof of identity is usually required to make a valid application.

Is the explanation that she did not have any travel document because we want to register her as British once we got settlement and mention about British Nationality Act 1981 section 1(3) is enough ?

RJLK

Post by RJLK » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:23 pm

be2st wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:04 pm
Thank you for the reply. :)

Did you give any covering letter for this ?
No I have not included any covering letter. I called Nationality helpline and they told me to carry on with paper referee forms.

RJLK

Re: MN1 Question Online form -Reason for not providing identification documents

Post by RJLK » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:25 pm

be2st wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:43 am
Hi I would like to ask again for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen

My daughter did not have any passport / national identification card / travel document due to she was born in the UK, and we skipped her ILR / Dependent Pass because we wanted to register her as British once we got settlement. She has never been abroad.

Explain why you are unable to provide either a valid national identity card or a travel document.

Is the explanation that she did not have any travel document because we want to register her as British once we got settlement and mention about British Nationality Act 1981 section 1(3) is enough ?
My daughter had a passport so I dont have any issue on identification documents. You better call the helpline and explain your situation. They are really helpful.

Abhavs
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Abhavs » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:39 pm

be2st wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:43 am

Hi , I am in the same situation and not sure what reason to give why the child does not have a valid national identity card or a travel document. My child is 1 year old.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:47 pm

Abhavs wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:39 pm
Hi , I am in the same situation and not sure what reason to give why the child does not have a valid national identity card or a travel document. My child is 1 year old.
Please continue in your existing topic where you were already given this exact advice when you asked previously.

british-citizenship/child-born-in-uk-an ... l#p1646005
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.