ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Legalise Marriage Certificate for Tier 2 Dependent Visa?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alfonsooo
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Document required for Tier 2 dependent visa

Post by Alfonsooo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:22 pm

Hi there,just have 2 (maybe) stupid questions about tier 2 dependent application OUTSIDE the UK.

I'm currently in the UK under a 60-day curtailment period as my previous tier 2 became invalid. But I will travel very soon back to my home country to apply as a tier 2 dependent of my partner (who holds a tier 2 visa now). (There is some reason that I can't apply here in the UK during the transition.)

1. I just wonder if anyone can kindly share a mandatory document list for the tier 2 dependent application? Since I can't make the application now so I can't see the list, and I'm worried that I will forget bring some of them when I fly back.

2. Just want to make sure the right link to apply from outside of the UK is from the link under the section Dependants applying from outside he UK ---->Your family members must apply online through access of this webpage https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members

And could anyone confirm that there will be a section to upload supplement documents(marriage certificate, etc.)from applying overseas?

Thanks a lot. I know it's a bit messy, but really appreciate any help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Document required for Tier 2 dependent visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:57 pm

Your post earlier today you stated you haven't received a curtailment letter yet so how are you in the 60 day curtailment period if HO hasn't yet sent you the letter???

For what reason can't you apply to switch within the UK??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alfonsooo
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by Alfonsooo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:16 am

Thanks for you reply moderator....if you can help with my questions that would be really appreciated.

Re your questions:
1. Yes you are right technically I'm not in curtailment period but my previous visa is invalid now so I can't really work in the UK (unfortunately job market prefer those who can work FREELY without a sponsorship). So the point here is not I'm on curtailment period or not, is that I'm gonna fly back to get a new visa so i can work freely.

2. I haven't get married yet so I have to get married first (outside UK), which means I CAN'T come back later to the UK to apply cos border will stop me for holding invalid visa.

Could anyone help with my posted questions please:)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:17 am

1. You should try to focus on finding a new sponsor. What was your last job and SOC?? Your visa is only curtailed when HO curtails it. It is not currently 'invalid'.

2. Why can't you get married in the UK?? How long have you been with your partner and how long have you lived together if you live together?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alfonsooo
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by Alfonsooo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:43 am

Hi, please kindly ignore my previous questions, as I sorted out myself by going through the forum.

NOW just one last left:

- If our marriage certificate is issued by an EU country with an English version, do we need to get it legalised before I apply for my dependent visa, or is it fine just to provide it as it is?

Thanks a lot!

Alfonsooo
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Legalise Marriage Certificate for Tier 2 Dependent Visa?

Post by Alfonsooo » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:10 pm

Hi forum, I'm planning to apply for the Tier 2 dependent visa from my home country as a dependent of my partner who already works in the UK.

The question is, our Marriage Certificate will be issued by Denmark (that's where we are going to travel and get married as it is so much more hassle to get married in my home country---the wedding is already booked).

However, I myself is not a Danish citizen and nor is my partner, so do I need to get the certificate legalised before I apply?

The certificate will be issued in Danish, German and English, so there should be no problem in translation. I just want to know if it's totally fine not to get the certificate legalised by Denmark Foreign Affairs Authority?

Thanks.

Alfonsooo
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by Alfonsooo » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:17 am
1. You should try to focus on finding a new sponsor. What was your last job and SOC?? Your visa is only curtailed when HO curtails it. It is not currently 'invalid'.

2. Why can't you get married in the UK?? How long have you been with your partner and how long have you lived together if you live together?

Dear Moderator, I'm not sure if it is necessary to go into such details as I'll be really appreciated if you can kindly answer my question about legalisation of marriage certificate....

If you are really interested to know then fine...I have been looking for a job in the past 2 months and in all the interviews I was told they don't sponsor visa for a junior level business analyst like me...it's not like I wasn't trying...

I can't get married cos I don't want to risk my partner being questioned by HO re our motivation as it looks suspicious that we apply for marriage instantly i lost my visa... we 've been going together for about 2 yrs now, so we just want to keep going like that. If you want to question why we can't apply for unmarried partners, then ok it's because we didn't live together the whole time so we don't have solid proof of cohabitation..

If you want to know more details I'm happy to provide. But for now PLEASE if you could answer my questions about legalisation?