ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sez30
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Sez30 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:03 pm

Have booked an appointment for an enhanced service point tomorrow. Documents have already been submitted on UKVCAS, will they need the documents to rescan? As I’ve misplaced a cover letter explaining immigration history and now in panic mode.

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:13 pm

Next day appointments were relatively expensive so I’ve booked an appointment for Friday at Lansdowne Road. I choose to not app!

leo04j
Newly Registered
Mood:
Japan

Post by leo04j » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:27 pm

Hi all, we submitted our application on July 17th but our agent says they haven’t received email to book appointments. Is there anyone who are in the same situation. I am getting worried.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:33 pm

leo04j wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:27 pm
Hi all, we submitted our application on July 17th but our agent says they haven’t received email to book appointments. Is there anyone who are in the same situation. I am getting worried.
Many are with you in the same boat. Have you received any previous correspondence from UKVCAS?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:34 pm

leo04j wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:27 pm
If you haven't received ANY communication from HomeOffice or UKVCAS since you applied, then you can send an email to UKVACS@homeoffice.gov.uk (UKVACS is not a typo) as explained by guru @CULLINAN in the below thread.
This means if you haven't received an invitation to book appointment and also you haven't received email informing you that you have been shortlisted for IDV, then you can drop an email.
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1930507
Meanwhile, you can also download the app and try to use it or log on the website and check for appointments. Sometimes the email just don't arrive even after they enable your account for appointment/IDV on their system.

ObiSort
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ObiSort » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:36 pm

Been following this thread for weeks to maintain some sanity. Thought i'll never have to post. Applied via a solicitor 24th June for a Tier 2 General. Only gave biometrics 2 years ago for my current Tier 2, but now switching employers, hence selected to use the idv app.

Still waiting on an invite to use the idv app though. Solicitor says she has not received this yet. :|

I wonder if there are people on that boat. Congrats to the people that left the boat.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:37 pm

@Iamawonder, I see you are following the recent updates very closely. Thank you for being a part in helping others. I hope you get your IDV invite soon too.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:37 pm
@Iamawonder, I see you are following the recent updates very closely. Thank you for being a part in helping others. I hope you get your IDV invite soon too.
Thanks, this helps me maintain some sanity to be honest :oops:

BiochemFem
United Kingdom

Post by BiochemFem » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:51 pm

Sez30 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:03 pm
Have booked an appointment for an enhanced service point tomorrow. Documents have already been submitted on UKVCAS, will they need the documents to rescan? As I’ve misplaced a cover letter explaining immigration history and now in panic mode.
I had my standard appointment yesterday and I was allowed to submit another doc that I originally didn’t upload and submit on ukvcas. The officer just took the printout and scanned it. Don’t panic just take any missing docs along.

Zhukman
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Zhukman » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:53 pm

ObiSort wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:36 pm
Been following this thread for weeks to maintain some sanity. Thought i'll never have to post. Applied via a solicitor 24th June for a Tier 2 General. Only gave biometrics 2 years ago for my current Tier 2, but now switching employers, hence selected to use the idv app.

Still waiting on an invite to use the idv app though. Solicitor says she has not received this yet. :|

I wonder if there are people on that boat. Congrats to the people that left the boat.
The same here - applied via solicitor on 22nd of July and no news so far. Will wait till 7th of September and then ask them to contact UKVCAS accordingly to the instruction shared here in the thread.

NoUsername
Newly Registered
China

Post by NoUsername » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:03 pm

SET (M) on 19th May, am still waiting for the invite. @Slyer's progress gives me a little bit hope. Such a horrible 2020.

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:10 pm

I am a Set O applicant on 12th of June. Opted out for IDV app. Applied via a solicitor and unfortunately no communication has been made since then for booking appointment.

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:44 pm

For those who haven’t applied through a solicitor I’d suggest emailing UKVI on the email ID that Cullinan had posted. I may be wrong but I have a feeling that emailing them triggered my invite.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:50 pm

Seems like a problem with applications made via solicitors.

The same third party document also states:
A small number of enquiries have been received from applicants or third parties stating that they are awaiting correspondence, but have not received any thusfar. UKVI and UKVCAS have reviewed our contact history for those applicants, and confirmed that emails for those cases have, in fact, been sent – however, they were not picked up by third parties/immigration advisers.

We would therefore encourage you to carefully check emails received before submitting a query on an applicant’s behalf.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:12 am

poper wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:37 pm
SIyer wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:55 pm
poper wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:08 pm
My situation:

I understand UKVCAS have mentioned they would invite IDV eligible customers who applied in August by Sep 14.
I applied SET(LR) on Aug 29th(Saturday evening) and the payment was debited only on Tuesday(Sep 1st)
I dont know if I am considered as an August or September applicant :?
The document checklist will have the submitted date at the top where you can see the payment details
Thanks Slyer. Document checklist is generated as soon as you submit the application and hence shows Aug 29th. Fingers crossed, I receive an update by 14th September
It is more likely 29th August than not. Confirmation of it will be on the final/submitted application form with the label "DATE OF APPLICATION:" and a payment ref.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:25 am

pogopigi wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:08 pm
pogopigi wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:55 pm
Happy Friday guys - had my biometric appointment this morning in Victora. I brought all my documents but they only scanned my passport pages and nothing else was checked. Fingers (and toes) crossed now!
This has all been a real ordeal over the last 5 months, so thank you to this board and all the moderators for all the invaluable information.
Which 5 months are you referring to? Did you not apply on 4th August?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:58 am

I am a bit worried now. When I applied for ILR (M) on 12th April my passport was valid. It expired on 19th August. Submitted IDV requirements on 22nd August.

My embassy is not taking any passport renewal applications due to Covid 19 and no appointments are available.

Could the moderators give me some info on this please.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:03 am

shahkb wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:58 am
I am a bit worried now. When I applied for ILR (M) on 12th April my passport was valid. It expired on 19th August. Submitted IDV requirements on 22nd August.

My embassy is not taking any passport renewal applications due to Covid 19 and no appointments are available.

Could the moderators give me some info on this please.

Thanks
No issues.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:24 am

FB posts suggests Biometric appointment are now available for those who have made payment between 15 - 28 Aug. Someone got a notification email and can see slots open.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:55 am

Are there any other set o, tier 2 applicants who have been waiting more than 2 weeks for a decision ?

Cool_Cucumber
Newly Registered
India

Post by Cool_Cucumber » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:55 am

navkant wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:24 am
FB posts suggests Biometric appointment are now available for those who have made payment between 15 - 28 Aug. Someone got a notification email and can see slots open.
This is incorrect news ! I applied on 18th August and I can not see any appointments on UKVCAS website.

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:02 am

Cool_Cucumber wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:55 am
navkant wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:24 am
This is incorrect news ! I applied on 18th August and I can not see any appointments on UKVCAS website.
You might be in the re-use category or will get your email soon.

This is confirmed by a user in the citizenship forum who received their invitation to book an appointment yesterday, having applied in late August.

I'm very happy for them, but also sad, as being in the re-use category seems like a curse. You just have to wait, and then wait, and then wait "a few more weeks", whilst people get appointments one week after they applied.

Atreya
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by Atreya » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:15 am

krishnakumarg wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:19 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:04 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:39 pm
This thread does not discuss any other scenarios exclusive to ILR. It specifically discusses only biometrics-related delays. If you could be open for an objective poll on this matter, it would signal an intent of openness and welcome.
Probably you did not read the contents posted in this topic. Members discuss CW emails to documents sent to CW via email etc to what not i.e. all related ILR scenarios NOT only biometrics delay.

I will repeat, its not easy to devote your precious time when you have a family/job etc VOLUNTARILY to moderate or help others for FREE. Its NOT an easy task to moderate multiple fast moving threads. Appreciate the FREE help everyone gets here. No one pays here so its best to follow the forum rules.
Alright. I have no choice but to toe the line.

Perhaps it is worth pointing out that UKVCAS treatment of applicants is the same. Essentially they got monopoly and their rationale is akin to yours (caseworkers are overburdened with backlog => moderators have other stuff to do).

Such chastising would have been reasonable if I was posting random unconnected information. Instead, I am raising a relevant point of merging biometric-delay related threads since it is category agnostic.

Instead, a standard templated response is given. Isn't it the same style adopted by UKVCAS to its applicants? Ultimately, it can be viewed as a very mild form of abuse of power.

Anyway, I have raised enough points and shall not continue anymore with this specific request.
This forum has helped countless of people over the years - for free. It's amazing that it is run by volunteers, I would say the moderators here have more experience and empathy than many solicitors and official case workers.

Maybe if you are so fussed about how the forum is structured, you should go and build your own - or find another one....

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kaps84 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:18 am

-- Kaps84

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kaps84 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:25 am

Please ignore my previous post. It seems OP did opt-out.
kaps84 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:18 am
Just noticed a quick IDV approval:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1931028
-- Kaps84