ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long term residence application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

speedytomatoe
Newly Registered
Ireland

Long term residence application

Post by speedytomatoe » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:02 am

Was just wondering if anyone has recent experience on this one? I applied in August and followed up few times. I received a letter last week that application is being processed and might do an FOI request. Thanks.

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Re: Long term residence application

Post by OneWorld2122 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:13 pm

Hi, have you applied in August this year?

It's normally takes around 6-8 months for processing these applications and same is mentioned on INIS website!

DAFL
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by DAFL » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:35 am

I applied in May 2021 and got a letter last week saying I was approved. In my case, sure if it is worth going ahead if you are applying for Citizenship as well (it will cost you €1,000 overall for the LTR - €500 to receive the letter of granting LTR + €500 for the IRP for 5 years).

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:45 am

What is Long term residency? Does it mean if i have completed 5 years stamp 4 Non-EU and has applied for citizenship, i can still apply for long term residency?

zigandzag
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by zigandzag » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:07 pm

If you've been in Ireland for 5 yrs on work permits then LTR is the one.

If you've been here for 8, then you can apply for a Stamp 5, which is de facto permanent residency (in reality it requires renewal each time a passport expires ie 10yrs in most cases). Renewal is a mere formality as long as you've no criminal record and are not a burden.

Note: it's been taking up to a year to get approval from the domestic residence division during Covid.

speedytomatoe
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by speedytomatoe » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:10 pm

Just wondering how did you apply for the new IRP did you do it online? Similar to when renewing an IRP online if based in Dublin. Thanks.
DAFL wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:35 am
I applied in May 2021 and got a letter last week saying I was approved. In my case, sure if it is worth going ahead if you are applying for Citizenship as well (it will cost you €1,000 overall for the LTR - €500 to receive the letter of granting LTR + €500 for the IRP for 5 years).

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Post by OneWorld2122 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:41 pm

Does IRP cost 300 or 500 euro for renewal ?
DAFL wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:35 am

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:31 am

zigandzag wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:07 pm

If you've been here for 8, then you can apply for a Stamp 5, which is de facto permanent residency (in reality it requires renewal each time a passport expires ie 10yrs in most cases). Renewal is a mere formality as long as you've no criminal record and are not a burden.

Note: it's been taking up to a year to get approval from the domestic residence division during Covid.
Not Stamp 4?

Euvellah1215
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Euvellah1215 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:30 pm

Hi, after receiving the approval for your LTR application, can you please let me know how did you apply for IRP card? Is it through online or did you book an appointment and went GNIB office?

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:45 pm

Euvellah1215 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:30 pm
Hi, after receiving the approval for your LTR application, can you please let me know how did you apply for IRP card? Is it through online or did you book an appointment and went GNIB office?
When your IRP expiring?

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:47 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:31 am
zigandzag wrote:

Not Stamp 4?
LTR you get stamp 4. LTR is not "permanent residency" its long term residency.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:07 pm

NF13 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:47 pm
johnpromise01 wrote:
zigandzag wrote:

Not Stamp 4?
I don't understand that. I have Stamp 4 Non EU for 5 years and I have applied for Citizenship already awaiting decision. Does that mean i can apply for Long term residency?

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:08 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:07 pm
NF13 wrote:
johnpromise01 wrote:
zigandzag wrote:

Not Stamp 4?
I don't understand that. I have Stamp 4 Non EU for 5 years and I have applied for Citizenship already awaiting decision. Does that mean i can apply for Long term residency?

LTR is usually applied by people who are not allowed to have dual citizenship before becoming permanent resident. To apply for PR you need 8 years.

Some people applied for LTR and citizenship at the same time to see which ever come first. If you got citizenship approval before you get LTR then forget LTR. Once you get citizenship you do not need LTR.

If you get LTR approval first before your citizenship then decide if you want to go ahead with LTR or not while waiting for your citizenship approval. Some people waiting for their citizenship approval for years and still waiting.

I got my LTR first and I went for it because I did not want the hassle to renew my IRP card once a year and paying eur300 each year. With LTR I paid once eur500 + IRP eur300 for 5 years and my passport stamped 5 years duration. No more worries or hassle renewing IRP card each year. Easy travel out and in.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:16 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
NF13 wrote:
johnpromise01 wrote:
zigandzag wrote:

Not Stamp 4?

If you already been here on Stamp 4 for 8 years apply for stamp 5 permanent residency while waiting for your citizenship. This is free. You have to write in - check the website it will tell you how to apply for stamp 5.

If you are under 8 years then decide either to apply for LTR or renew stamp 4 each year until your citizenship is approved.

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Post by OneWorld2122 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:33 pm

Were you, in the State on the basis of work permit/work authorisation/working visa conditions:, with corresponding permission to reside on Stamp 1 or Stamp 4 permission ? If that's the case you can apply, you can look for LTR conditions online.

johnpromise01 wrote:
NF13 wrote:
johnpromise01 wrote:
zigandzag wrote:

Not Stamp 4?

speedytomatoe
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by speedytomatoe » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:15 pm

Got lucky - Ok got the approval letter dated 15 December 2021- fee of €500 bank draft or postal order and that formal letter will be issued once prescribed fee has been paid within 28 days of the date of the letter..

speedytomatoe wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:02 am
Was just wondering if anyone has recent experience on this one? I applied in August and followed up few times. I received a letter last week that application is being processed and might do an FOI request. Thanks.

DAFL
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by DAFL » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:37 am

speedytomatoe wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:15 pm
Got lucky - Ok got the approval letter dated 15 December 2021- fee of €500 bank draft or postal order and that formal letter will be issued once prescribed fee has been paid within 28 days of the date of the letter..

speedytomatoe wrote:
Are you going for it? Have you applied for citizenship as well?

speedytomatoe
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by speedytomatoe » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:24 am

Yes I sent the €500 bank draft already and it’s a good timing as my IRP is expiring soon.

I applied for the citizenship few months ago. I can see in the thread that its taking a while for IRP renewal in Dublin so best to have a longer one and for ease in travelling.

Has anyone (based in Dublin) here applied for this Stamp 4 recently? Was thinking of doing this online and upload the LTR doc etc.

Thanks
DAFL wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:37 am
speedytomatoe wrote:

speedytomatoe wrote:

lucemi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lucemi » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:25 am

Yes, I have that doubt, I just sent my long term residency application. But, by September 2022. I would hold a Stamp 4 for 4 years.
- It is possible to renew for 1 or 2 more years? (in case my citizenship application takes longer than it's expected)
- How many times a Stamp 4 can be renewed? 5 years maybe?.
- or it would be better just for the next renewal going for the long term residency card?.

I just have the doubt since it would be less money for the Stamp 4 than the long term residency.

speedytomatoe
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by speedytomatoe » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:44 am

Just on this - I got another acknowledgment letter yesterday and today received the actual approval letter.

As I’m in Dublin - I’ve uploaded this letter online now plus other docs required for stamp 4 renewal and paid €300. Let’s see how long the approval will take…
speedytomatoe wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:24 am
Yes I sent the €500 bank draft already and it’s a good timing as my IRP is expiring soon.

I applied for the citizenship few months ago. I can see in the thread that its taking a while for IRP renewal in Dublin so best to have a longer one and for ease in travelling.

Has anyone (based in Dublin) here applied for this Stamp 4 recently? Was thinking of doing this online and upload the LTR doc etc.

Thanks
DAFL wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:37 am
speedytomatoe wrote:

speedytomatoe wrote:

astar778
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by astar778 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:24 pm

speedytomatoe wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:44 am
Just on this - I got another acknowledgment letter yesterday and today received the actual approval letter.

As I’m in Dublin - I’ve uploaded this letter online now plus other docs required for stamp 4 renewal and paid €300. Let’s see how long the approval will take…
speedytomatoe wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:24 am
Did this work ? i got my LTR letter but i want to know if i can get my 5 years irp card by applying online rather than going to office cause apparently only first time registers can get an appointment at the moment

speedytomatoe
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by speedytomatoe » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:09 pm

I received the application processed email on 31 January 2022 and my IRP is on its way - I presume it will be valid for 5 years.

Further to my online application, I sent them a letter by registered post after I applied online to ask if the online application (quoting my OREG reference) is enough to register as the letter said you have to schedule an appointment. I attached in the letter a copy of the LTR letter and other required docs - basically same docs that I uploaded online just to reiterate its a renewal based on LTR. They did not get back to me but maybe that letter helped to speed up the IRP process.

So i think its fine to do online as Stamp 4 renewal. Hope that helps.

astar778
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by astar778 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:01 pm

speedytomatoe wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:09 pm
I received the application processed email on 31 January 2022 and my IRP is on its way - I presume it will be valid for 5 years.

Further to my online application, I sent them a letter by registered post after I applied online to ask if the online application (quoting my OREG reference) is enough to register as the letter said you have to schedule an appointment. I attached in the letter a copy of the LTR letter and other required docs - basically same docs that I uploaded online just to reiterate its a renewal based on LTR. They did not get back to me but maybe that letter helped to speed up the IRP process.

Thanks alot for your feedback seems i have no other option then.

lucemi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lucemi » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:33 pm

speedytomatoe wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:09 pm

Hi, Can you please share when did you apply for it?