ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unable to view immigration status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Moon001
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Unable to view immigration status

Post by Moon001 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:05 pm

Hi..
I have applied for naturalization over a month ago after one year of ILR. Now I need to prove my immigration status to my council for some reason. On gov.uk website there is an option to view and prove it but, when I put my BRP number and date of birth it was written "the details entered don't match our records". I have tried many times but no success. Can anybody help me why is this happening? Has Home Office held my status till they make a decision? Thanks for helping me out.

Brazos
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Unable to view immigration status

Post by Brazos » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:15 pm

Moon001 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:05 pm
Hi..
I have applied for naturalization over a month ago after one year of ILR. Now I need to prove my immigration status to my council for some reason. On gov.uk website there is an option to view and prove it but, when I put my BRP number and date of birth it was written "the details entered don't match our records". I have tried many times but no success. Can anybody help me why is this happening? Has Home Office held my status till they make a decision? Thanks for helping me out.
You cannot use this service as it is not for residents with vignettes in passport or BRPs. Your BRP is your proof of immigration status. The government website clearly states this,
"You cannot use this service if you have a vignette in your passport or a biometric residence permit to prove your immigration status."

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Post by Aerotony » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:37 am

The website of 'View and prove your immigration status' states that:

You can use this service if you:

have settled or pre-settled status
applied for a visa and used the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app to scan your identity document on your phone

There's another service you can use to prove your right to rent/work if you are holding a BRP.

Faith20
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Faith20 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:30 pm

Dear Aerotony

I was trying to use “ View and prove your immigration status” site for my provisional driving license renewal. I got this message that details don’t match, after entering my passport number and date of birth. I got my citizenship and first British passport in 2020 and got almost heart attack after seeing the message.
Could you please let me know which site to use to prove immigration status with passport or resident permit number. We need to do the same for my husband with his resident permit as he hasn’t got British passport yet.

Many thanks

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:37 pm

Faith20 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:30 pm
Could you please let me know which site to use to prove immigration status with passport or resident permit number.
There is no such a site.

What the above poster refers to is the following text in the link https://www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status:
You cannot use this service if you have a vignette in your passport or a biometric residence permit to prove your immigration status.

There are different services for you to prove your right to work to an employer and to prove your right to rent to a landlord.
The site is there for people who do not have a physical document to prove their immigration status, e.g. EU nationals who registered under the EU Settlement Scheme after Brexit. These people don't even have a BRC or BRP, only their EU passports, which after Brexit are worthless in terms of immigration status in the UK and don't prove anything. That's the only reason this site exists.

You do have a physical document to prove your status: A resident permit. That's all you need. So, there is no site to prove your status if you have a BRP, simply because your proof is the BRP!!!

There are two sites where you can prove:

Right to work: https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
Right to rent: https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-rent

But not immigration status, that is the job of the BRP.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.