ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 (registration) - Referral Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Faqasim
Jordan

MN1 (registration) - Referral Process

Post by Faqasim » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:41 am

Hello Team,

I am filling my kids' MN1 registration online forms. And I came across the referrals part, and I have few questions:

1. Can anyone be a referral ? neighbors, friends, etc ?

2. I noticed that I am asked to use the referrals information in the form, however, I also found a paper form for each referral, am I also suppose to fill the paper form and attach it with supporting documents?

3. In the paper form mentioned above, it says that the referral should sign the back of their picture, and then glue it to the form, which would then make the signature invisible, is this accurate? Or am I missing something?

Best,

Bash_
Syria

Re: MN1 (registration) - Referral Process

Post by Bash_ » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:01 am

1- yes, you need two referees, one should be dealing with the child in a professional capacity - teacher, GP, health visitor, etc.
2- you need to input the referee info in the application and then have the declaration form (separate doc) signed by each referee
3- this is an old requirement not needed for online applications as you'll be uploading scans of all docs.

Faqasim
Jordan

Post by Faqasim » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:07 am

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding point3, regardless of how I will submit the document, the signature on the back of the picture won't be visible, is that ok ?

Secondly, and most important, do the Home Office contact the referrals? So I need to choose referrals who are available and accessible online? Or they don't so it doesn't really matter?

Bash_
Syria

Post by Bash_ » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:20 am

Faqasim wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:07 am
Thanks for the reply.

Regarding point3, regardless of how I will submit the document, the signature on the back of the picture won't be visible, is that ok ?

Secondly, and most important, do the Home Office contact the referrals? So I need to choose referrals who are available and accessible online? Or they don't so it doesn't really matter?
yeah that's why I said it's an old requirement (tied in with paper forms). if you send in a postal application they might see from the back if something is written. Honestly, I don't think they would bother these days. surely when scanning it won't be visible and not even needed, always recommend an online application.

- Dont think so, they might do checks (DBS. verification) but have not heard of any attempt to contact yet.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:19 pm

Referees may be questioned/prosecuted if the application turns out to be fraudulent.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Faqasim
Jordan

Post by Faqasim » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:29 am

I asked if they check with referrals to make sure to choose someone active and responsive, not to avoid any criteria.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:17 pm

Faqasim wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:29 am
I asked if they check with referrals to make sure to choose someone active and responsive, not to avoid any criteria.
As far as we know referees are not normally contacted.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.