ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ahmadsafia123
Newly Registered
Syria

SET (Protection)

Post by ahmadsafia123 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:24 pm

I have applied for set p, as my refugee permit about to expire in a month time.

However, when I was filling out the online form, they asked me to confirm my identity using one of two methods 1- in person 2- online Via the app. so I continued using the app by scanning my brp and take few pictures of my self.

However, upon completion of the application, they never emailed me to give fingerprints and neither did they asked for any sort of supporting documents.

on the website, when you click on supporting documents, it said there are no further evidence needed. however, I received an email saying "What you need to do next
Sign into your UK Visas and Immigration account and upload and submit your evidence, if you have not already done so" I am confused now to weather or not to provide any supporting documents and if so, which one?

later on I received a confirmation that my application is submitted with case no.

Just wondering if that's normal, no evidence no fingerprint nothing. jus the online form and BRB check via the app. should I have chosen to do it in person rather than the app? which one usually faster?

please let me know as I am scared now that there is something wrong.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET (Protection)

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:32 pm

The whole purpose of the App is to reuse your data and biometrics from the previous applications, so you do not have to go in person and enrol them again. I am also not sure if there is any supporting document to provide for the SET(P) applications. I do not see why you should worry at all
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ahmadsafia123
Newly Registered
Syria

Post by ahmadsafia123 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:55 pm

Thank you zimba,

Do you know if there are any evidence showing if there are one method faster than the other? (in person vs app)?

any idea of waiting time for the applications?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:07 pm

The speed of processing is based on the visa service you chose (standard or priority service). It has nothing to do with how you enrolled your biometrics or data
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ahmadsafia123
Newly Registered
Syria

Post by ahmadsafia123 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:36 pm

I was under the impression that Set P Connor apply for priority service, and I have not gotten this option 😭

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:39 pm

ahmadsafia123 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:36 pm
I was under the impression that Set P Connor apply for priority service, and I have not gotten this option 😭
It's not on the list of eligible applications (https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa ... ide-the-uk), so you're right. What zimba is explaining is that regardless of your way to provide biometrics, decision making time won't be influenced by it.

See indefinite-leave-to-remain/set-protecti ... 03751.html for timelines.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ahmadsafia123
Newly Registered
Syria

Post by ahmadsafia123 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:14 pm

thank you guys for your comments,

so, Iam still in the window where i can submit some paperwork, they didn't ask me for anything. alson on the website when you try to upload something it says " upload requested items" ((nothing requested in my case)

should I still use this window to send some bank detail, work proof, personal statement. or it doesn't really help in this case? :?:

I see some people getting the results within 40 days and some 6 months. iam guessing every small detail matter. sorry for the rant. your help is much appreciated.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:01 pm

SET(P) applications are often complex so priority is not offered. They will ask you if they need any evidence