ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prove of Status in the UK while waiting for new BRP card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Masterixas
Liechtenstein

Prove of Status in the UK while waiting for new BRP card

Post by Masterixas » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:10 pm

HI guys,

So my wife BRP expired on Aug 2023, and we submitted the new permit request on July 2023. It has been now 12 weeks and still no new BRP card.

We trying now to buy a house but the estate agents are requesting her for a share code to show her status in the UK. When we use the service we cannot get a code since her BRP card is expired. We tried with passport but no luck.

So the question is how can we prove that she has the right to live, work and rent or buy without getting the share code since that service is no an option now?

Any direction would help a lot.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Prove of Status in the UK while waiting for new BRP card

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:17 pm

Since April 2022, physical BRP cards are NOT an acceptable form of proof of right to work in the UK. An employer must accept a Positive Verification Notice (PVN) obtained via ECS: https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

What is the legal requirement that she needs to prove her status to estate agents for purchasing a property ? Foreigners can buy property without even being resident here.

For rental, laws are different as right-to-rent checking service should be used: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ation.ofml
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Masterixas
Liechtenstein

Post by Masterixas » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:29 pm

Yes but if you have a valid BRP card you can get a share code and that is what they are asking.

I believe that to buy a house in the UK there's no need of an UK immigration status, but to request a mortgage to a lender where you are committing for the next 25 years, I believe that is another story probably therefore their request.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:02 pm

Masterixas wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:29 pm
Yes but if you have a valid BRP card you can get a share code and that is what they are asking.

I believe that to buy a house in the UK there's no need of an UK immigration status, but to request a mortgage to a lender where you are committing for the next 25 years, I believe that is another story probably therefore their request.
The bank may have to contact the UKVI to check her status. Without a BRP, you cannot get a share code I am afraid
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice