ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary requirement for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asiklk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Qatar

Salary requirement for ILR

Post by asiklk » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:04 am

Dear Friends

At the moment I have been on a skilled worker visa for the last four years and I will be completing five years on 31 December 2024. My family and I have valid visas until January 2026
My family (wife and daughter) joined me after 9 months and their 5-year period will be on September 2025.
Now My annual salary is 40K where the ongoing rate is £32800 per annum, I know UK Gov increased the skilled worker minimum salary requirement to £38 700
But not sure about the new ongoing rate, if there are any new changes (increase ongoing rate, more than my current salary). Will it affect a person like me who already has a valid visa?
Is there any minimum salary requirement for ILR ?, I have seen some video in YouTube says, a single migrant needs, £35800 for PR, and a migrant with a family member need £49,900 for dependent PR, does this apply to the skilled workers route? Will this affect a person like me
can anyone kindly advise on these, please

regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Salary requirement for ILR

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:54 am

Despite all the media buzz, NO changes have been announced officially and nothing has changed. The changes are probably going to be announced just before April next year. It is unlikely that changes will affect people under the route but no one knows at the moment. Wait until they announce this officially next year. You seem to also be mixing the minimum salary requirement under the family visa route with the skilled worker route. Under family routes (where you need to be British or have ILR) your minimum salary depends on the number of dependants you want to bring to the UK. There is no such thing under the skilled worker route.

For the current salary rules under skilled worker route see: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-minimum- ... l#p2027869
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice