ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Frustrated by exceptionally complex issue

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aaronmaoeric
Newly Registered
China

Frustrated by exceptionally complex issue

Post by aaronmaoeric » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:30 pm

I applied for a skilled worker visa (from inside the UK, now I'm on a dependent Skill worker Visa) on 20/1/2024 and I received an email on 26/02/2024 from the UK Decision Making Team(email address Home Office Atlas) saying;

"Although we would normally decide your application within 15 working days/5 working days/1 working day from the date that your biometrics were enrolled, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues, and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.".

I checked with the employer they haven't received any email; My quetiones are,

1. Why it mentioned "15 working days/5 working days/1 working day "? I just chosed standard submission, woudn't be more sensible to mentioned 8 weeks? The email is from Home Office Atlas does it mean it's automated email from system instead of from caseworker?
2. After 26th Feb no further email from Home office ask for further information, and my employer didn't received emaial yet. I'd assume if there is real issue, home office should contact me or my employer for further investigation.
Appreciate if someone met similar issue before and give guidence if possible.

Timeline:
Application: 20/1/2024 (used IDCheck app for BIO)
Update on your application: 25/1/2024 (will get a decision in 8 weeks)
Application Update: 26/02/2024 (your application raises exceptionally complex issues)
Now Waiting

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Frustrated by exceptionally complex issue

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:21 pm

Atlas is a Home Office system and there are generic letters generated. The letter sent appears not to have been amended by the caseworker and has probably gone out with no apparent amendments.

Timelines - it is a wait and see thing. If a case goes through to the complex route it could be for any number of reasons.
There is a current concern with skilled worker visa dependents moving to skilled worker in their own right. Particularly when the original skilled worker visa is a care worker.
You are in the very early stages of waiting by the accounts of others.

aaronmaoeric
Newly Registered
China

Post by aaronmaoeric » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:51 am

Thanks Frontier for your prompt reply!
Just to clarify the original skilled worker visa is not care worker, but due to expire on May. My wife switch from dependent visa to skilled worker visa.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:10 pm

You are switching roles - you to dependent and she to skilled worker. Usually not a big issue, but it does raise a question mark. Essentially by doing that you are resetting the skilled worker route and you are losing the time gained previously. It just on paper does not make sense so it sometimes attracts a higher level of scrutiny.

Kman12
Mood:
India

Post by Kman12 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:50 am

Similar case received complex issue email on January 3rd, 2024 and after that no update.

It’s frustrating situation to wait. No idea what actions to do further in this situation.

aaronmaoeric
Newly Registered
China

Post by aaronmaoeric » Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:01 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:10 pm
You are switching roles - you to dependent and she to skilled worker. Usually not a big issue, but it does raise a question mark. Essentially by doing that you are resetting the skilled worker route and you are losing the time gained previously. It just on paper does not make sense so it sometimes attracts a higher level of scrutiny
Thanks Frontier again! Yes I am from skilled worker to dependent and my wife from dependent to skilled worker. The background is current BRP expire on May and I plan to quit my joh. I understand there might be question mark to HO but suppose qulified evidence will be enough to prove reasonability of application. The tricky point is there no any further indication about what's issue and how to clarify.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:15 pm

It is a waiting game, unless you are contacted by the Home Office for further information you will no become aware of the issues.
It is entirely possible you will receive an outcome with no further information being requested.

aaronmaoeric
Newly Registered
China

Post by aaronmaoeric » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:28 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:15 pm
It is a waiting game, unless you are contacted by the Home Office for further information you will no become aware of the issues.
It is entirely possible you will receive an outcome with no further information being requested.
Thanks Frontier for your always prompt reply. Very reassuring. Have to keep waiting now.

aaronmaoeric
Newly Registered
China

Post by aaronmaoeric » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:25 am

Has anyone received similar email recently then got decision without further question from Home Office?

aaronmaoeric
Newly Registered
China

Post by aaronmaoeric » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:17 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:15 pm
Hi Frontier,

Anther question, my son applied for child visa concurrently and received update on 23th Feb, stating"We are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information to conclude your sponsor’s visa application." But I didn't received any email from HO about information requirement, any comment?
Thanks in advance

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:18 am

All part of the one thing unfortunately. Until the Home Office deals with your application as lead applicant then nothing will move on your dependents.
Don’t overthink the process, you are just as likely to receive an outcome with or without further contact.
I suggest you wait for a period of 8 weeks from the submission date and then start the complaint process. After 8 weeks they can’t fob you off with the answer it is within normal time limits.
I know it is stressful and 8 weeks of waiting is a fair amount of time but unfortunately the Home Office is not going to be pushed before 8 weeks.

aaronmaoeric
Newly Registered
China

Post by aaronmaoeric » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:48 pm

Thanks Frontier!
Another update on 15th Mar, I recevied email from HM stating" We are unable to conclude the application currently as we require additional information/ action from your sponsor."
But I've contacted sponsor and they haven't received any email so far. In parallel sponsor already sent email to HM to ask for more clarification.

aaronmaoeric
Newly Registered
China

Thanks Frontier!
Another update on 15th Mar, I recevied email from HM stating" We are unable to conclude the application currently as we require additional information/ action from your sponsor."
But I've contacted sponsor and they haven't received any email so far. In parallel sponsor already sent email to HM to ask for more clarification.

aaronmaoeric
Newly Registered
China

Thanks Frontier!

aaronmaoeric
Newly Registered
China

Post by aaronmaoeric » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:49 pm

Thanks Frontier!

aaronmaoeric
Newly Registered
China

Post by aaronmaoeric » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:28 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:18 am
All part of the one thing unfortunately. Until the Home Office deals with your application as lead applicant then nothing will move on your dependents.
Don’t overthink the process, you are just as likely to receive an outcome with or without further contact.
I suggest you wait for a period of 8 weeks from the submission date and then start the complaint process. After 8 weeks they can’t fob you off with the answer it is within normal time limits.
I know it is stressful and 8 weeks of waiting is a fair amount of time but unfortunately the Home Office is not going to be pushed before 8 weeks.
Hi Frontier, thanks for your information. Another update on 15th Mar, I recevied email from HM stating" We are unable to conclude the application currently as we require additional information/ action from your sponsor."
In parallel sponsor already sent email to HM to ask for more clarification on 15th Mar, but just received one email about "exceptionally complex issue", not mention "additional information". Any guidence how I can do? Thanks!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:35 pm

Unless there is a specific request for information / payment sent to the sponsor there is little that you can do.

aaronmaoeric
Newly Registered
China

Post by aaronmaoeric » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:17 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:35 pm
Unless there is a specific request for information / payment sent to the sponsor there is little that you can do.

Thanks Frontier!

poonamsanjay
Newly Registered
India

Post by poonamsanjay » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:43 pm

Hi aaronmaoeric,

Addition to this above thread, I would like at add the same issue that I am facing. Waiting for my family dependent visa from past 3 months and we have submitted all the documents correctly without any issue.

I have applied for dependent visa for my family on 14 Jan 2024, haven't received yet. Wanted to know if you have received any email from Home Office after your discussion in the above thread.

Below is the email I have received from Home office on 10 Apr 2024 :

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
Although we would normally decide your application within 15 working days from the date that your biometrics were enrolled, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.
This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues, and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.
I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.
Please note, it may not be possible to make a decision within service standard in this instance.
Thank you,
UK Decision Making Team

Any update from your end would be very much helpful.

Thanks,
Poonam

Thanos_xox
Newly Registered
England

Post by Thanos_xox » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:25 am

Hi guys,
This is my 4th week after my biometric and I received the same email today. It is worrisome the amount of time this can take to be resolved. I am due to resume next month subject to the outcome of my Visa. Really don’t know what to do

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:05 pm

Thanos_xox wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:25 am
Hi guys,
This is my 4th week after my biometric and I received the same email today. It is worrisome the amount of time this can take to be resolved. I am due to resume next month subject to the outcome of my Visa. Really don’t know what to do
Hardly anything to do besides wait. Employer can review start date which you shouldn't start work with them till you get successful decision .

poonamsanjay
Newly Registered
India

Post by poonamsanjay » Wed May 08, 2024 4:59 pm

Hi Guys,

Still I haven't heard anything from home office on my visa status.
Its been more than 17 weeks. Its is taking mental toll on us.

Did you near anything back ?

Thanks,
Poonam

rashmitha
Newly Registered
India

Post by rashmitha » Mon May 13, 2024 11:18 pm

Hai
Poonam Sanjay
I had the same issue with my husbands visa status
And it's been 17 weeks and there's no reply from home office till today
Can please conform your visa status
Did you got any reply from home office
And do you know anything about this exceptional complex issue like how many days it takes to get a visa
Please post a reply I'm just waiting for so long
Thank you

rashmitha
Newly Registered
India

Post by rashmitha » Thu May 16, 2024 2:06 pm

Hai guys

Still I haven't heard anything from home office on my visa status.
Its been more than 18 weeks. Its is taking so stress on us.

Did you hear anything back ?

Thanks ,
Rashmi

poonamsanjay
Newly Registered
India

Post by poonamsanjay » Sun May 19, 2024 8:54 am

Hi , same here. Haven’t heard anything from past 19 weeks and is very frustrating. We still
Have IT issue and this is been more than 1 month.

Regards,
Poonam