ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain/BPR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

en1983
Newly Registered
Scotland

Indefinite Leave to Remain/BPR

Post by en1983 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:56 am

I know this has been posted previously, but the link is now closed.
I have had Indefinite Leave to Remain (settlement) since 1983, I am married to a UK born citizen. I attended UKVCS in Feb 24 to update my biometrics because I was advised it had been over 9 years (ten) since I last submitted them.
It has now been 9 weeks and I still do not have my new BPR card. Is this normal? Why can't we contact UKVI for an update after a certain length of time? All I have is an email and a text message advising me that my information was submitted successfully. Yet when I go back to the UKVI page that I had to submit my renewal application on I am still advised that I have to attend to have my biometrics updated.
I am very annoyed because to get an appointment with UKVCS at all in Scotland I had to pay over the top for the appointment, but at least they scanned all my documents and supporting information and sent it directly to UKVI as part of the fee.
Can anyone shed some light as to how long this process is taking as I have never had it take longer than 3 weeks in all the years I have had this card.
It was far easier when the Indefinite Leave to Remain stamp was just transferred over to my new passport.
Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain/BPR

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:27 am

The BRP application can take up to 6 months, this has always been the case. The BRP card will also not going to be used from the end of the year as they will be phased out completely.

See: Information on eVisas as all BPRs will be phased out from 1st Jan 2025
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

en1983
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by en1983 » Thu May 09, 2024 7:58 am

I attended to have my biometrics done on the 22nd of Feb. Last week I received an email asking me to register for the online e account for UK Visa. Do I use the expiring BRP card number to do so or do I wait for my new card? I was told my new card expires at the end of Dec 2024 so I am assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that I am going to be issued a new one? Silly question so thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 09, 2024 12:02 pm

en1983 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:58 am
I attended to have my biometrics done on the 22nd of Feb. Last week I received an email asking me to register for the online e account for UK Visa. Do I use the expiring BRP card number to do so or do I wait for my new card? I was told my new card expires at the end of Dec 2024 so I am assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that I am going to be issued a new one? Silly question so thanks in advance.
The eVisa will replace your ILR BRP !
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice