ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - 10 year route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

niranjanreddy
Newly Registered
India

ILR - 10 year route

Post by niranjanreddy » Tue May 07, 2024 8:25 pm

Hello All,

Start Date End Date Visa Category
02-Jun-14 to 20-May-15 : Tier-2 ICT Short Term Staff Migrant
04-Jun-15 to 03-Jun-18 : T2 ICT Long Term Leave to Enter
05-Jun-18 to 13-Jun-20 : T2 ICT Long Term Leave to Remain
20-Mar-20 to 15-Mar-23 : PBS Dependant Leave to Remain
12-Mar-23 to 31-Dec-24 : Dependent Partner Leave to Remain

question 1 : Though my visa start date was 02-Jun-14 but i have travelled to UK on 06-Jul-14. Which date is considered to calculate my continuous stay?

questions 2: After completion of my Tier-2 ICT Short Term Staff Migrant on 20-May-15, i have received the new COS on 23-May-15 to apply for T2 ICT Long Term Leave to Enter. Will this be considered as a break of continuous stay for 10 year route ?

Any suggestions and recommendations that i can follow and apply for 10 year route are welcome.

Thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - 10 year route

Post by zimba » Wed May 08, 2024 10:20 am

1. The date you entered the UK for the first time
2. When did you apply for the new visa ? Did you leave the UK before visa expiry ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

niranjanreddy
Newly Registered
India

Post by niranjanreddy » Wed May 08, 2024 8:32 pm

Thank you for your response.

2. When did you apply for the new visa ? Did you leave the UK before visa expiry ?

I have applied for my new visa on 26-May-2015. I left UK on 27-Apr-2015 before visa expiry which is 20-May-2015.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 08, 2024 9:53 pm

If you left the UK with a valid visa nad returned within 6 months, then you will be ok
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

niranjanreddy
Newly Registered
India

Post by niranjanreddy » Thu May 09, 2024 6:21 am

Thank you for your response. Is it posiible to provide me any other source of info from gov portals which i can go through?

I am outside UK without a visa between 20-May-2015 and 26-May-2015. I don’t have my application in place during this period. Is this acceptable. Please confirm.

I cant find any info about this clause.please help. Thanks in anticipation.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 09, 2024 12:08 pm

Search for Example 2: specific to Appendix Long Residence

Continuous residence guidance: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idence.pdf

niranjanreddy
Newly Registered
India

Post by niranjanreddy » Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 pm

Thank you for this info.

Under section "Absences from the UK" (Page 23), i could read the following clause. Does this apply in my case of leaving UK with valid visa, applied for new visa after expiry of previous visa and entered the UK with new valid visa with in 2 months. Does the "Breaking continuous residence" consider gaps between the visas ?

"is applying under Appendix Long Residence, left the UK before 24 November
2016 with no valid leave to remain on their departure from the UK, and failed to
apply for entry clearance within 28 days of their previous permission expiring
(even if they returned to the UK within 6 months (184 days))"

Please suggest. Thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 15, 2024 4:05 pm

What ?? You said above that left the UK while holding valid leave but what you quoted very very clearly is talking about leaving the UK WITHOUT holding any valid leave. Now you are asking whether this applies to you ???
"is applying under Appendix Long Residence, left the UK before 24 November
2016 with no valid leave to remain on their departure from the UK, and failed to
apply for entry clearance within 28 days of their previous permission expiring
(even if they returned to the UK within 6 months (184 days))"
As I said above, the gap does NOT matter if you left with a valid leave and returned within 6 months.

niranjanreddy
Newly Registered
India

Post by niranjanreddy » Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 pm

I left UK with Valid visa before 24 November 2016 but failed to apply for entry clearance within 28 days of the previous permission expiring. Does the "Breaking continuous residence" consider gaps between the visas ? is my question.

Sorry for the confusion.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 16, 2024 12:54 am

niranjanreddy wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 pm

I left UK with Valid visa before 24 November 2016 but failed to apply for entry clearance within 28 days of the previous permission expiring. Does the "Breaking continuous residence" consider gaps between the visas ? is my question.

Sorry for the confusion.
The fact that you did not apply within 28 days of visa expiry is irrelevant as you left the UK with a valid visa. As I explained, that limitation ONLY applies if you left without a valid leave

niranjanreddy
Newly Registered
India

Post by niranjanreddy » Thu May 16, 2024 8:27 am

Thank you very much for this clarification.