ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependent 10 year residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nirupam
Newly Registered
India

ILR related Question

Post by nirupam » Tue May 02, 2023 5:04 pm

Hi Team,

I am residing in UK since Jan 2014 and will eligible for long residency ILR this year Dec 2023. My visa renewal is in process for skilled worker visa for next 3 years. My Wife residing UK since May 2014 and she will complete her 10 year by April 2024.

1. I would like to know is it possible to apply for 1 year of skilled worker dependent visa for my wife while I am having visa for 3 years skilled worker visa so that I need to pay only for 1 year of IHS cost considering she will be eligible for ILR within one year.

2. When I file for ILR in the month of Dec 2023, can she eligible to stay on UK skilled dependent visa or do I need to file for ILR together ?

Thanks,
Nirupam

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR related Question

Post by zimba » Tue May 02, 2023 11:12 pm

1. No. The extension visa period is fixed, she gets the same expiry as your visa (max of 3 years)
2. If you both are eligible by then, you apply separately under SET(LR). Otherwise she stays under the same visa until she is eligible on her own
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nirupam
Newly Registered
India

ILR for dependent 10 year residency

Post by nirupam » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:10 pm

Hi Zimba,

My application for ILR 10 years residence has been successful and thanks to you for clarifying all my doubts.

I am planning to apply for wife ILR 10 year residence.
She has completed 10 years of residence in April 24.

Should I apply for my spouse as My dependent or as individual ? What are the pros and cons for both route.

Which one is the best option to apply for ILR?

English Language Test: Previously my spouse had UK student visa for which she already proved english Language, but now dependent on my skilled visa. Do I need to provide the English language documents again or previously granted visa can cover it.

Also, while application is in process if we need to travel to India due to parents health or unavoidable circumstances, can we able to travel and what will be the impact on application? Is there any scope of application amount refund.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for dependent 10 year residency

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:00 pm

There is no difference. Either route can be used. I suggest the dependant route via SET(O).
What English language evidence she provided before? What test and when was that ?

She cannot travel outside the UK until her application is decided otherwise the application will be considered withdrawn and no refund will be given
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nirupam
Newly Registered
India

Post by nirupam » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:05 pm

IELTs for English Language Test in 2018 for student visa in year 2018. She completed MS in advanced computer science in year 2021.

For ILR SET O , do we still need to prove 10 year residency and UK absence? Will she ILR dependent?

I heard, after one year completion of ILR of mine, we can together apply for naturalisation and she don't need to wait for her 1 year completion on ILR. It that true?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:31 am

She can use her degree then. For SET(O) her qualifying period is the last 5 years and you do not need to prove anything.
She can immediately apply to naturalise after ILR, when you get your British citizenship.

nirupam
Newly Registered
India

Post by nirupam » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:55 pm

Thanks Zimba for your quick reaponse.

With SET O she will dependent on my British citizenship and she can't file for naturisaltion without me?

Last five year she don't need to prove absence criteria or finances?

nirupam
Newly Registered
India

Post by nirupam » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:26 pm

Also, SET O, consider any visa type in last 5 Years. Last 1 year on Skilled Dependent Visa , previous 3 years on Tier 2 General Dependent and before that on Student Visa.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:07 pm

nirupam wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:55 pm
Thanks Zimba for your quick reaponse.

With SET O she will dependent on my British citizenship and she can't file for naturisaltion without me?

Last five year she don't need to prove absence criteria or finances?
You being a British citizen has no relevance to her ILR, her eligibility is based on your previous status as a skilled worker. She can only naturalise after getting ILR and after you become a citizen. She needs 5 years as your dependant under any dependant route and there are no financial requirements at all

nirupam
Newly Registered
India

Post by nirupam » Thu May 09, 2024 12:45 pm

Thanks Zimba.

for my child ( 8 Years old ), born in UK I can directly go for naturalization (as I have ILR) ? and she don't need to go via ILR route.

MN1 form, is that correct?

Thanks,

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu May 09, 2024 1:18 pm

nirupam wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:45 pm
Thanks Zimba.

for my child ( 8 Years old ), born in UK I can directly go for naturalization (as I have ILR) ? and she don't need to go via ILR route.

MN1 form, is that correct?

Thanks,
Yes to both.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

nirupam
Newly Registered
India

Post by nirupam » Fri May 10, 2024 12:01 pm

can I apply for registration for citizenship and British passport same time?
if yes, how can I do it?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:07 pm

nirupam wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:01 pm
can I apply for registration for citizenship and British passport same time?
if yes, how can I do it?
No. First your register your child, then, once/if approved, you get a certificate, only then you can apply for a passport.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:12 pm

Please ask your British citizenship question in the British citizenship sub forum.

viewforum.php?f=42

These questions are not relevant to the ilr topic and sub forum!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.