ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of sponsors

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Iman84
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Change of sponsors

Post by Iman84 » Thu May 09, 2024 9:57 pm

I’m studying A level in the UK. Can I transfer to another school continue the same course and sit in the lesson in the new school immediately after I submitted my new visa application?
I don’t want to go back home and apply for a student visa from there so I need to know if I can immediately change school and start the new school as soon as I submitted the new student visa application with the new school as my new sponsor?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Change of sponsors

Post by meself2 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:46 am

Iman84 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:57 pm
if I can immediately change school and start the new school as soon as I submitted the new student visa application with the new school as my new sponsor?
Certainly not immediately after submission - until it's approved, not submitted, you would have to stay as you are.

I'm not sure if you can change sponsors in country - someone else would have to give you a hand there.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri May 10, 2024 2:00 pm

meself2 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 6:46 am
Iman84 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:57 pm
if I can immediately change school and start the new school as soon as I submitted the new student visa application with the new school as my new sponsor?
Certainly not immediately after submission - until it's approved, not submitted, you would have to stay as you are.

I'm not sure if you can change sponsors in country - someone else would have to give you a hand there.
When changing sponsor, you will need to apply for a new CAS from your home country.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sun May 12, 2024 6:07 am

Casa wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 2:00 pm
When changing sponsor, you will need to apply for a new CAS from your home country.
Not if they are currently a Child student, although unhelpfully they have not said either way.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.