ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Citizenship Application - Document Query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sam4e
Newly Registered
India

Online Citizenship Application - Document Query

Post by Sam4e » Thu May 09, 2024 10:24 pm

Hi All,
I am trying to apply for my Citizenship via the Online Application portal and have some questions.
I am submitting my application for Irish naturalisation based on 5 years residence (May2019- till present)
I will appreciate some help if anyone who has filled the online form can please advise me.

Q1. They have not mentioned anything about submitting the current IRP Card copy with the online form. Are we not required to submit it with online application? Note: I am able to achieve 150 points based on Employment Detail Summary and Utility bill.

Q2. They have not mentioned anything about submitting my Birth Certificate copy with the online form. Are we not required to submit it with online application? Note: I am able to achieve 150 points based on Employment Detail Summary and Utility bill.

Q3. I am submitting my Employment Detail Summary for each of the 5 years starting May 2019 (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) which qualifies under Type A- Residency Proof. However, I will not be have anything to cover the period 1st Jan2024 till present, will this be an issue or do I need to provide alternate proof to cover these 4 months in 2024?

Q4. Regarding Utility Bill- Type B I assume they need 1 bill for each of the 5 years since they mentioned in the Guidance Document that 1 Type A proof and 1 Type B proof for each year?

If someone can clarify on these please, it will be a great help.
Thanks and Regards,
Sam

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Online Citizenship Application - Document Query

Post by littlerr » Fri May 10, 2024 10:32 pm

1. IRP is not required since they have your data in their system. You are free to provide a copy of them though.
2. They definitely require a certified copy of your birth certificate. Your application will be rejected straightaway if you do not provide a certified copy of your birth certificate.
3. You will need to prove that you have been living in Ireland for the last 12 months per regulations. Considering it’s already May now, you will need something to prove that you are in Ireland for the last 5 months. Bank statements coming a consecutive 3 months period is a common alternative to EDS.
4. Yes you need at least one utility bill for each year.