ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wage increase before ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Brook536
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Name Change on Passport Before ILR (Set M) Application

Post by Brook536 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:32 am

Does anyone have any advice on what to do regarding name change on passport vs biometrics card.

Passport was renewed a few weeks ago and name changed to reflect married name as previous passport was in maiden name. All visa applications were done on previous passport so biometrics card is in maiden name.

Getting ready to apply for ILR at the end of the month. Do I submit using my married name now as that is what is on my current passport or do I have to submit a name change on my biometrics card and then apply for ILR once my name has been changed?

Haven't found too much about it online.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Name Change on Passport Before ILR (Set M) Application

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:34 am

Apply using married name as in the new passport. Marriage cert indicates previous name. There wont be any issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Brook536
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Name Change on Passport Before ILR (Set M) Application

Post by Brook536 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:09 pm

Thanks for the reply!

Brook536
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Set M Idefinite Leave to Remain - Dual Citizen for Children

Post by Brook536 » Thu May 09, 2024 2:46 pm

Hi,

I am working on my paperwork for Indefinite Leave to Remain (Set M). I have 2 children that were born in the UK so have UK passports. They also have American passports so are American citizens as well.

My question is do I need to submit a copy of their American passports as well?

Many thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Set M Idefinite Leave to Remain - Dual Citizen for Children

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 09, 2024 10:41 pm

Brook536 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 2:46 pm
Hi,

I am working on my paperwork for Indefinite Leave to Remain (Set M). I have 2 children that were born in the UK so have UK passports. They also have American passports so are American citizens as well.

My question is do I need to submit a copy of their American passports as well?

Many thanks
There is nonaspect of the ILR application that requires submission of children's passports. If you do it is of no detriment as both nations allow dual citizenship.

Brook536
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Wage increase before ILR Application

Post by Brook536 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:49 am

Hi,

My husband has recently had a wage increase 1 month ago. I am getting ready to submit my ILR application (Set M). Do I use the new wage or the wage previously as they ask for 6 months of payslips/ statements and his new wage will only show on one of them?

Many thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Wage increase before ILR Application

Post by Ticktack » Fri May 10, 2024 9:47 am

Brook536 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 6:49 am
Hi,

My husband has recently had a wage increase 1 month ago. I am getting ready to submit my ILR application (Set M). Do I use the new wage or the wage previously as they ask for 6 months of payslips/ statements and his new wage will only show on one of them?

Many thanks
If your husband already met the wage requirement before the increase, then you're fine. State what he earned before the increment, but also state that there has been an increment just to clear the air.

You might want to add the increment letter to the list of documentations.

It's all absolutely fine.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!