ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switched from T1 Entrepreneur visa to Skilled Visa- ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CrazySignal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Switched from T1 Entrepreneur visa to Skilled Visa- ILR application

Post by CrazySignal » Thu May 09, 2024 11:29 pm

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted some advice on the following queries before I apply for ILR shortly.
My T1 visa was issued on 20 May 2019.
Entered UK on T1 in 15 June 2019 and I switched from T1 to skilled visa in Aug 2021 and that visa expires in Sept 2024.
In the first year (May/June 2019- June 2020) I had more than 180 days of absences (around 4 weeks beyond, this includes delayed entry after visa was issued.)

My questions are:
1. I know the earliest to apply for ILR is 28 days before the visa issued first (around 22 April 2024). But due to the absence beyond 180 days in that first year, should I delay my application by at least 4 weeks so that working backwards, it will be less that 180 days in that first year? Is that correct? So the earliest could be in the later in May?

2. Given I am on skilled visa route now, how much of evidence do I need to send regarding my T1 time? Should I include anything about the buinsess etc or isthat now irrelvant?

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Switched from T1 Entrepreneur visa to Skilled Visa- ILR application

Post by zimba » Fri May 10, 2024 12:26 am

1. Yes
2. No evidence needed
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CrazySignal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Switched from T1 Entrepreneur visa to Skilled Visa- ILR application

Post by CrazySignal » Fri May 10, 2024 5:34 pm

Thank you Zimba.