ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working from home (Outside the UK) on Skilled worker visa and ILR requirements - Reg

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Leoudayan
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Working from home (Outside the UK) on Skilled worker visa and ILR requirements - Reg

Post by Leoudayan » Thu May 09, 2024 5:48 pm

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of applying for my ILR. By the 6th June 2024, I would've completed my 5th year in the UK on skilled worker visa. However, I worked from my home in India for my UK employer while on skilled worker visa on 3 different occasions for a period of 170 days (during covid lockdown), 127 days (Including paternal leave + annual leave) and 147 days (due to personal reasons) respectively. I made sure that I did not cross the 180 days limit in a rolling basis. So, based on the 180 day rule, I am eligible to apply. But the part I am confused is, I spent more time working from home for the UK employer on skilled worker visa. I went through the ILR guide in the UK government website and nowhere it says that I should not work from home. But I am still confused and worried that my ILR application might be rejected. Have anyone worked from home for extensive periods while still being under 180 days rolling period thing and got their ILR? Your reply will help me a lot. Please help _/\_

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Working from home (Outside the UK) on Skilled worker visa and ILR requirements - Reg

Post by zimba » Fri May 10, 2024 12:19 am

This will have no effect on your ILR as long as you have a proper employer letter: All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Leoudayan
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Working from home (Outside the UK) on Skilled worker visa and ILR requirements - Reg

Post by Leoudayan » Fri May 10, 2024 10:29 am

Thanks Zimba! Your reply is a relief to me!