ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documental Evidence for Skilled Worker Dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sarif38
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Documental Evidence for Skilled Worker Dependent

Post by sarif38 » Tue May 07, 2024 6:05 pm

Hi, I hope everyone is doing well.

I am a lecturer in a university sponsored as a skilled worker (current annual salary between £38k and £38.7k). I aim to visit my home country Pakistan this summer (in June and July), get married (arranged marriage), and then return to UK. My potential spouse/wife (currently my fiancee, a private medical doctor) aims to apply for a skilled worker dependent visa in August/Spetember, until she gets visa she will keep living with her parents. Both I and she were divorced once previously with our previous partners. We have not been in a relationship before with each other, it will officially start in June after our marriage and so will our contact history. The documental evidence for skilled worker dependent visa is required in four major aspects/sections, for which my 5 questions are as follows.

1) Financial Maintenance (not supported by sponsor):
a) As per gov.uk website, minimum required balance to show is £285 for spouse. Apart from the bank statements of her own account, would my bank statements and monthly payslips be eligible as an evidence?
b) Is it better/necessary to include tenancy agreement for an accommodation inside UK, having both our names on it? (They ask an explanation of where we shall be living together in UK, in visa application)

2) Evidence for ending of previous relationships:
a) We have divorce certificates, but not passport numbers of our previous partners (the passport numbers are specifically asked in the application). Is this likely to effect the visa?

3) Evidence for why we have been living apart:
a) Would my Certificate of Sponsorhip (COS) as an evidence (which shows the details for my current lecturership in university, although got expired in March 2024), and her job status letter (from home country) suffice? Kindly help to elaborate if I need to include more evidence, examples would help.

4) Evidence for continuation of our relationship (potential length 2 months from beginning to submission of visa application): a) I aim to include marraige certificate, social media chats, money transactions, tickets, marraige photos, my name on her passport and pakistani national ID card. Can't include bills as we won't be living under the same roof until she gets her visa. Not sure if these would suffice for a relationship that would be quite new.

Your help is highly appreciated :).

mowaid

Re: Documental Evidence for Skilled Worker Dependent

Post by mowaid » Wed May 08, 2024 8:19 am

I believe you are fine with these documents put as many as possible information you have which shows your relationship with your new partner.

2) Evidence for ending of previous relationships:
a) We have divorce certificates, but not passport numbers of our previous partners (the passport numbers are specifically asked in the application). Is this likely to effect the visa?
(You can check your pervious partner passport no from any of your pervious visa application if not at least you can add there NIC no so they will find from NADRA office about there passport details)
also add as much information you can to show about your pervious relationship has been ended if your pervious patner was in UK or not etc

sarif38
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Documental Evidence for Skilled Worker Dependent

Post by sarif38 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:08 am

mowaid wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:19 am
also add as much information you can to show about your pervious relationship has been ended if your pervious patner was in UK or not etc
Thanks for the informarion :), but I don't understand what else can I provide apart from divorce certificate to show that my previous relationship has ended. It ended officially (when the divorce was finalised and registered back in home country) more than 2 years ago. Since it was COVID time, my previous partner could not get a chance to visit UK, and I also stayed with her back home during that time.

Also, I think its normal for people to not keep any memories or records of previous relationships that ended in a divorce, which should be understandable by the Home Office.