ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Babila
Newly Registered
Cote D-Ivoire

Help please

Post by Babila » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:05 pm

Hello guys
Please I need your help because I am confused.
I had a fine from a train control unfortunately, I moved from the address before the letter came 2 weeks after. So, I completely forgot about the fine. On the 12 of December, my employer called me and said he has received an order from the court to deduct the fine from my salary. I called the court's fine department straight away and pay the whole amount of money(£353).
My problem is that my Citizenship application was already sent ( 2nd of December) and I did not declared the situation as I was not aware.
Is this gonna affect my application?
Do I need to call the HO to let them know?
Is this a fail for a good character requirements?

Thank you and happy new year!!!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Help please

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:23 am

Don't call UKVI - you will not be able to talk to a case worker. Send them by "signed for" mail a letter explaining the situation. Quote your reference number and keep a copy of everything. Shouldn't be a problem if you disclose.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.