ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT > Tier 2 ICT Spouse > Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dipen123
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Tier 2 ICT > Tier 2 ICT Spouse > Tier 2 General

Post by dipen123 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:13 pm

Hello Team,

I came to the UK 4 years back on Tier 2 ICT visa. Last year, on 1st SEP, I switched to Tier ICT Spouse visa to pursue Masters. Now I've been given a job as Product Manager in Financial Services and company happy to provide Tier 2 General. Can I start my application with the company? Or Shall I wait for 12 months cooling off period and then apply for the job after 1st Sep, I am confused?

Can I start the application now with immigration and they can provide me visa after 1st Sep?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT > Tier 2 ICT Spouse > Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:28 pm

Now I've been given a job as Product Manager in Financial Services and company happy to provide Tier 2 General.

What is the SOC and salary being offered? Has the full and proper rlmt being done before offering you the job??
Can I start my application with the company? Or Shall I wait for 12 months cooling off period and then apply for the job after 1st Sep, I am confused?
You have to wait the full 12 months before you can apply for a tier 2 general visa from your home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dipen123
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Post by dipen123 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:59 pm

I don't know what is SOC? Salary is above £50K. Job has been posted on the company website. I reckon Product Manager job in Financial Services come as Shortage of occupation (not sure)? Isn't it?

Could you confirm I cannot start even job processing and interview? In 1 month organization can proceed with remaining formalities (as I have Spouse Visa) and later in Sep can apply for a general visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:24 pm

Job has been posted on the company website.
Rlmt has very specific requirements..only advertising on company website is not sufficient.
I reckon Product Manager job in Financial Services come as Shortage of occupation (not sure)? Isn't it?
Not necessarily shortage no. It is the sponsor that decides the SOC and whether it is Appendix J non shortage or Appendix K shortage.
Could you confirm I cannot start even job processing and interview?
Nothing stops you from applying and being interviewed. But you said you have been given the job already so where is the interview and job processing if you already have the job? You cannot get given the before the full and proper rlmt is done on at least two websites for 28 days.
In 1 month organization can proceed with remaining formalities (as I have Spouse Visa) and later in Sep can apply for a general visa?
What formalities exactly??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dipen123
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Post by dipen123 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:34 pm

Thank you. What I concluded is - Company has to post job on 2 websites for 28 days, they can interview and process my application with background check formalities after 28 days of the job posting (by following RLMT process). However, I can initiate my visa only in Sep from home country.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:48 pm

They need to do rlmt.

You need to apply as part of that recruitment process.

You can only be selected and offered the job AFTER the rlmt period has been completed.

Your sponsor then requests a RCoS from ho in the monthly allocation meeting which is held on the 13th of the month. Ho can at this stage request details of all applicants and why a British/EU citizen or settled person is not suitable. Once RCoS is approved, the company can assign the cos to you to apply from home country.

An approved RCoS does not guarantee a a visa approval.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dipen123
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Post by dipen123 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:01 pm

Thank you so much! Massive help!

Last question for below steps (such as applying for job, getting selected, etc), I don't have to wait till 1st Sep right (The date when my cooling off period is getting finished). If everything goes well, company can give me COS before Sep right? Only thing I need to ensure, I apply for Visa from home country after 1st Sep?

You need to apply as part of that recruitment process.

You can only be selected and offered the job AFTER the rlmt period has been completed.

Your sponsor then requests a RCoS from ho in the monthly allocation meeting which is held on the 13th of the month. Ho can at this stage request details of all applicants and why a British/EU citizen or settled person is not suitable. Once RCoS is approved, the company can assign the cos to you to apply from home country.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:10 pm

Correct
Char (CR001 not Casa)