ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work permit holder changing employer

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aikmonaikmon
Newly Registered
Myanmar

work permit holder changing employer

Post by aikmonaikmon » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:46 pm

Hi,
I have "Business and Commercial work permit" and am currently working as a property accountant. I have just been offered a job as credit reporting accountant at another company.
I am not sure what to do. Please can someone help me out?

Thank you
Sai

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: work permit holder changing employer

Post by pantaiema » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:05 pm

Your prospective employers need to apply new work permit for you.
It is very easy to get new work permit if it is the same job/area with your previous job.

Pantaiema
aikmonaikmon wrote:Hi,
I have "Business and Commercial work permit" and am currently working as a property accountant. I have just been offered a job as credit reporting accountant at another company.

Thank you
Sai

aikmonaikmon
Newly Registered
Myanmar

Thank you

Post by aikmonaikmon » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:07 pm

Thank you for the reply. I will speak to my prospective employer.
Sai

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:15 pm

what happened to you Sia, did ur new employer is willing to give you work permit

VinLopez
Newly Registered

Re: work permit holder changing employer

Post by VinLopez » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:36 am

pantaiema wrote:Your prospective employers need to apply new work permit for you.
It is very easy to get new work permit if it is the same job/area with your previous job.

Pantaiema
aikmonaikmon wrote:Hi,

Thank you
Sai

Should this really be a new work permit? I have heard of a concept called Work permit for employment transfer.

James.Dunlop
Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by James.Dunlop » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:52 am

Hi

The new employer must make a fresh application to the Home Office on form WP1. The application is for a change of employment but is similar to an original application save that:

1. The candidate may not need to provide bona fides as these should have been validated with the first permit

2. It is not necessary to advertise a post that will be filled by a candidate with a current WP
James Dunlop

mailto:james.dunlop@jdunlop.com

aikmonaikmon
Newly Registered
Myanmar

Post by aikmonaikmon » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:22 am

Yes, I have got the work permit sorted and now working for the new company. Sorry that I have been away from the forum and not been able to reply.

First of all, in contrary to the perceptions of majority, my case is that work permit is a permit for an employer to employ me. Please bear in mind that.

Employer offered me a job and I accepted. Employer applied work permit to employ me. Granted!

A year later, I got another job. Second employer applied work permit to employ me.

In conclusion, it is not a work permit transfer. First employer does not transfer the permission they have to the next employer.

Technically, I got a visa to work for a certain employer who has been allowed to employ me. As soon as I terminate my employment with that particular employer, my visa becomes, I think, invalid.

James Dunlop is correct. A fresh application was made. It was very quick and easy process.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Sai